Valuation Appropriate valuation methods for individual properties and real estate portfolios.
Wüest Partner offers a wide range of valuation services, thus ensuring an optimal coverage for investors' needs. Our services include transaction valuations, balance sheet preparations as well as project valuations among others.
Within the scope of transactions for new or existing properties, the following are Wüest Partner's particular strengths:
- Property inspection
- Compilation of background data
- Estimation of latent renovation costs
- Estimation of market rents
- Estimation of value-adding potentials
- Market valuation
Our transaction services cover the following areas:
- Acquisition valuation: Wüest Partner conducts independent market valuations for the individual and detailed examination of real estate values. We possess the required market, technical and methodological knowledge for this and are able to value all property types around the world. Being embedded in a globally close-meshed network of local partners enables us to exchange information at a locally granular level. Our independence guarantees an assessment that is as unbiased and objective as possible.
Due diligence: Wüest Partner offers its services as a generalist for due diligence with meticulous, detailed audits of real estate purchases or assists with the organisation and management of due diligence teams. Our customers receive all the results in a comprehensive, clearly structured and understandable report.
Asset swap: We can assure a fair value basis for the involved parties in asset swaps and can act as a consultant or deal with the supervision of transactions.
- Second opinion: Our second opinions are made in various detail and depth. A typical case is the plausibility verification of local valuation reports, that have to withstand Swiss regulations and auditing standards.
Balance sheet preparation
Real estate is usually a very substantial asset in the balance sheets of professional property owners such as insurances, pension funds or real estate companies, real estate funds and real estate investment foundations.
Wüest Partner provides relevant balance sheet valuations of properties in accordance with the applicable accounting standards. All our valuation processes are based on the customary industry standards of our clients. This includes, but is not limited to, the following guidelines: IFRS/IAS, Swiss GAAP FER, IPSAS, US-GAAP, NRM, HGB, ImmoWertV. In addition, the clients’ own regulations and other international standards are also included. The new Fair-Value Guidance of IFRS 13 (‘Highest and Best Use’) is also taken into account.
Our valuations are carried out by means of database-supported valuation software. This ensures homogenous results and makes it possible to easily modify the essential valuation assumptions or depreciation models. Thanks to the standardized tools and procedures, our customers benefit from comprehensive analyses and conclusions for maintaining the value of the property stocks, with relatively little effort.
Many institutional investors today no longer restrict themselves solely to classic real estate and special-purpose properties; they are increasingly focusing their investment strategies on development properties. The financial objective of project development is the generation of development profit. However, the development risks are high. Additionally, due to the legal situation, there is always the danger that the community, the neighbour, the associations and other possible project opponents will create obstacles for the developer. This is further compounded by the marketing risk – with respect to both the lettable space and the investment property – and the realization risks that every construction client knows all too well, particularly with regard to quality, construction costs and deadlines.
Wüest Partner valuates your development property. To account for these risks in the valuations, we mainly use a risk rating in combination with the DCF valuation. The rating is used to derive the discount rate.